INVITEDbyRUK

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chore Tree

Come to my house any time and you'll find mess everywhere... mostly toys and possibly some craft of mine, and generally me telling someone to do something in a not so nice voice, which I really don't like doing. I have said for weeks now that I am tired of repeating myself and getting worked up over it so decided to make a chore chart... well, tree, in our case. Like most little ones, my kids love hands on visual aids for anything I am trying to teach them so what better than a tree to hang their daily chores on and save my yelling voice. I found my tree at my local scrapbook shop, but I'm sure there are others out there, and you could make your own type of chore tree with cardboard if needed I was lazy and also have been eyeing this tree for some time as I love the design so this was simply an excuse to have it in my home :). I got the kids involved by letting them paint the tree and talking about what we would use it for. Mr6 then helped me think up some daily chore "apples" and we were off :). It took a while to complete but I swear it was worth every second! Tonight there was no yelling and instead I had two super willing children ready to co-operate and go turn over their "apples"...  ALL "apples" have to be "eaten" at the end of the day to be rewarded.... rewards come in EXTRA flowers remember their behaviour charts? which equal extra money at the end of the week. Red apples are Miss 3's, green apples are Mr 6's.

it was my tree so I inked the edges on it ok :)

with our chore apples hung on (they hang on little hooks)


some "eaten" apples (other side of apple)


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE all your ideas and craft things you put up here! This would totally inspire my kids to do their jobs (although I can see my 2 year old sneaking those apples off the tree all day long haha :) Looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete