INVITEDbyRUK

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Paper Pinwheel


So here's another thing I keep meaning to try making and finally got to it PAPER PINWHEELS

Start with two bits of paper the same size

next concertina fold them both at even intervals (I did mine at 0.5cm but it requires some patience and I have a paper scorer to help me!)

Join them together securing at the ends with glue or double sided tape, to form a ring

gather the top together like a teepee and press the centre downwards gently, until it 'pops' open to create a wheel




secure by gluing an embellishment in the centre (I chose a large circle) and place a weight in top to hold down while drying- this is important to help the wheel stay flat


once dry add you can use or add more embellishment and then glue to a stick (skewer) and there you go :)


Oh, and see how my pinwheel looks a little odd?? Well I should'nt have tried it out using striped paper... I didn't think the cut it so when folded the lines would match correctly... maybe you can remember because I made the mistake for you first :)

I plan on making mini ones to use as cupcake picks... imagine how cute they'd be!! They'd also look great strung together or on walls for party decorations and the embellishments you could place in the middle are endless... names, words, numbers, letters, pictues, symbols etc... have fun creating! 



No comments:

Post a Comment