INVITEDbyRUK

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Coloured Sugar

I made coloured sugar today to decorate some cupcakes. I wasn't sure how much I'd need, but I made way more than I needed for the cupcakes so had to think up another use... and cocktails came to mind :) I made the kids sugar rimmed galsses for their mocktails with juice and lemonade and then by accident tipped some sugar into the glass which changed the colour of the drink and made it really pretty! I LOVE when things like that happen... mistakes that look good :).
All you need is some white sugar, a zip lock bag and a few drops of food colouring mixed in. Seal the bag and massage the sugar until all the food colour is massaged into it. I'm thinking this could come in handy when the kids have eaten all the sprinkles and I go to decorate something!! Sugar keeps for ages too so I'll pull it out when soime cookies are made, and possibly to sprinkle on ice cream treats for them :)

Marshmallow & coloured sugar flowers on cupcakes


see the blue at the bottom? Looked nicer in the light but you get the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment