INVITEDbyRUK

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Funky Birds

Here's our entertainment for today :) Mr6 had no school thanks to a stupid EKKA holiday even though I doubt Sunny Coast kids would go today so he got to come to my weekly craft shop. Today he found the styrofoam balls and I grabbed some extra feathers because he was determined to make a Kookaburra after we heard them singing this morning. Miss3 wanted to make a Macaw... I don't know that our creations look like they should, but we had fun making them and used mostly things we already had (minus the balls).... googly eyes, glue, markers, push pins, feathers & a little cardboard.Was a great activitiy for both age groups, not really messy because I said no to painting them and it gave us another opportunity to talk about the features of birds, and how these help them to function in their environments... kids don't know they are leaning when it's like this  SHHHH.


we stuck push pins underneath so they wouldnt roll around when we were colouring them... they made good feet too :)

our funky birds

** I think these balls would make great fish too, if you look closely they have an almost scale like pattern when you colour them... but I'd love to coat them in shiny sequins and add some cardboard fins and fish lips... and maybe I'll allow paint next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment