INVITEDbyRUK

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pom Poms

I ventured to Spotlight the other day that place is a black hold for hard earnt money!! and found these pom pom making tools... this might seem odd but I had no idea there were actual tools to make pom poms!! I just remember my mum making them and showing us how with a cardboard version. The tools were marked down so I thought I'd get them and test them out with the kids. They are no different to using cardboard the way mum did it also a more cost effective way! and with Christmas in mind I thought my kids would enjoy making them as new decorations for the small tree we put up in their room. If you dont own a 'tool' I'd suggest using cardboard and simply cutting out a donut shape (size depends on how big you want your pom pom), and then  folding it in half and wrapping the wool around it. Then you have that gap on the outer edge to cut along, it would work much the same way as the crescent shaped tool we bought. Oh, one last thing... dont purchase the wool I did... it looked lovely but made a huge mess as we cut it (too fluffly) and was more mop like than pom pom like... just regular wool works much better!!

tool 1


instructions


tool 2


instructions


Mr6 and tool 1 all wrapped up ready to cut


floppy pom pom


Even Miss3 could do it :)


smaller pom pom worked better with our flimsy wool

No comments:

Post a Comment