INVITEDbyRUK

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Balancing Butterflies

Miss3 & Mr6 are both little rockets that constantly keep me on my toes so I try to plan art/craft activities for them on a regular basis to keep them busy (and me sane!). This morning I woke feeling ill and crappy but in typical sunday fashion, they had woke hours earlier and were ready for craft time long before I greeted them good morning. In a panic for lack of planning last night, I jumped on the net and found this great, no mess, project for making balancing butterflies. There is a template and instructions provided by Childhood Magic and the kids found it amazing and have played with them for most of the day. Basically you print the template, colour it, cut it out, and place 5c coins under the top tip of each wing. This changes the centre of gravity so your butterfly can then 'balance' by the tip of its body.


colouring the template


we chose the smaller templates for smaller people!


Glue 5cent pieces to the wings (I used hobby glue) and wait a few minutes while it dries... we discussed why butterflies wings are so colourful while we waited.


test out their balancing abilities :) Ends of pens, corners of tables, chopsticks, (I was a little gross and tested it on my tongue!)... hours of fun seeing what you can blanace them on :)




2 comments:

  1. Ruki!! stumbled across your blog through Bobbie's (yay) and thought i'd stop by and say HI!! LOVE this activity you did with your kids!! Can't wait to see more of the crafts you put up!!

    Luv Felicity xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Felicity :) Very impressed with your work after seeing your blog... and that gorgeous little girl you now have. You are one of those super mums with all the kids and the beautiful smiling face to go with it! Looking forward to seeing more on your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete