INVITEDbyRUK

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Good Behaviour Chart

People keep telling me it's normal for siblings to fight and tease eachother, but I don't know... I have siblings and we NEVER fought and carried on like my kids do! Mind you, I am 8yrs older than the brother I grew up with, and only saw my other siblings on holidays when I visited my dad, so maybe that's why. STILL Miss3 and Mr6 drive me absolutely insane at times with the bickering, tormenting and constant dobbing on eachother. The last few days I have felt ill and can't muster the energy to yell, lecture and have the wooden spoon on display, so today I decided a behaviour chart was needed. My kids are very visual beings, which is why displaying the wooden spoon can work well sometimes, when they remember it's on the bench. So something that can remind them, but in a positive way seemed to be a good idea. While the kids were busy painting (one of the rare things they can do without fighting too much), I put these charts together. I actually wanted to make a felt chart with velcro pieces but impatience gets the better of me when I'm unwell so paper it is.

Money is a good incentive as my kids sure know how to spend it! So here's how our chart works:

1 flower = 10cents

Mum will buy your flowers every wednesday

flowers are given for good behaviours, taken away for unacceptable behaviours (by mum and dad only)




*excuse the unbrushed hair, she HAD to see her chart first


* what the charts SHOULD look like after a few days!

So far, so good, less fighting, more cooperating and off to bed with no "but I need...". Hopefully this will mean the wooden spoon will only come out for cooking from now on :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW! These look fantastic!! I could use this for my 5 year old who unlike the others still has crazy tantrums :) I could see him really responding to this!! I love all the great ideas I come across on different blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I love blog world and the ideas!!

    ReplyDelete